Tuesday, October 13

We're off to Germany!

Oder, wir gehen zu Deutschland!!
I'm so excited I can hardly sleep. This Thursday Annette and I are heading back to Germany. It's been a couple years for her, 40 years for me. She'll be returning to her Dad's 75th Birthday and giving a talk in Heidelberg and I'll be visiting the apartments and the city of Heidelberg, where, oddly enough, I used to live when my Father was stationed there on his second t.o.d. in that country.

I'm curious as to what hidden memories will be stirred as I explore the streets. I have several, like when I took off on my tricycle to do a road trip and got as far as the autobahn before I was spotted by my brother. When that old white Ford station wagon caught up to me, boy did I get a spanking! I was 4 years old at the time and we'd just gotten back from a road trip across the Alps and down to Spain, if memory serves. I just didn't want the trip to be over!

No comments: