Sunday, June 15

Father's Day with Ruby























Today was a great day. First I got to sleep in to 7:15 AM, then met up with Ruby's Momma and Nana for breakfast. I hafta admit, I got a little spoiled on the Eggs Benedict... And Ruby was in a great mood. Sunday's Father's Day and I'll be with her almost all day, and so after breakfast, she rides in my car. She was SO tired (being the time for her morning nap) and the lulling of the road just makes her fall asleep. So cute, but she needed a new diaper, so I had to keep her awake for another 2 minutes until we were home and changed.

I am glad she's gotten to visit my place more and that Shannon is very positive about quality time and involvement from my end. That also allows her to go to sleep more easily as she is a very curious child. With in a couple minutes of her fresh diaper, she was out, however I think the new diaper soon met a similar result as the previous one. Oh well, that's what they're made for...























Refrigerators are magnet central and she like to play with the small collection of critters and colorful things stuck there. We also spent time outside gardening, in the sand box, and for a short bike ride before she was tuckered out again, and the cycle continues... She probably having another growth spurt or is teething or something (always something, right?). But she's such a good natured, and healthy child. I couldn't have hoped for a better.

After Shannon came by to get her, my neighbor Keith came over for a couple games of chess, which he soundly beat me. A great opponent, to be sure. After that thrashing I went on a nice long bike ride along the coast and saw the sunset.

I hope your Father's Day was as good to you too!!

No comments: