Friday, June 27

A Great Way to End the Work Week

I work 4 - 10's (sometimes more, sometimes less). This Thursday was special in that the local band Sambada (Latin fusion & hip hop) put on a free show down at the harbor beach. All my co-workers were going with their families so I went there too! And who should I encounter there? Why none other than Ruby and her Mommy (and Karen, Ruby's once weekly care taker [and wife of my friend and co-worker Josh] - she's due to have her second baby ANY day now).

Momma was there to enjoy the show with her friend Gina, whose kids' dad leads the band! So many over-lapping connections! But that's life in community, my Friends!! There were so many families there the band turned down the volume so everyone could have a great time and still not hurt little ears. I had a blast dancing with my girl and also taking her to explore the beach. She was pouting and upset to go home, so we know she was having a lot of fun.

No comments: